Day 13: Yosemite Valley and on to Lee Vining

 Distance traveled: 168.9 km For the record, this took me from 9: 15 am to 3:30 pm.

Cumulative distance : 2,991.5 km

Maximum speed: 99 kph

Moving average: unknown

Temperature range: 8.6 - 33.0

Maximum elevation: 3046 metres. For the record, that's in the clouds!

Spectacular views of El Capitan, The Half Dome and Bridal Veil Falls. Unfortunately, no spectacular view of a campground in Yosemite. I checked with someone who was not the Queen of Yosemite and was denied a camping spot.  I could have waited around till the end of the day on the hopes that somebody would cancel but if I was unlucky, I would be really stuck. Where are the Queens of Yosemite when you need them!

The Half Dome

Bridal Veil Falls. 628 feet high.





El Capitan.



That last shot is of El Capitan in the distance, on the right in the photo. A park ranger had a small telescope trained on the top and we could see climbers up there!

I'm sorry today's post is so brief. It is 6:45 pm and I need to get back to the campground before it is dark. Plus I need to do a quick check of where I am going tomorrow.

I have lots more pictures from today! But in the boonies, upload times are long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for submitting a comment. All comments are moderated without prejudice.

Epilogue: more photos

  Week 1 Beach at Fort Stevens. Surfers at Fort Stevens. Nuts! Fort Stevens military lookout. Random small town buildings. Crab fishermen. S...